How to hide belly fat by dressing smartly, 10 tips to guide you
Belly fat can make you look awkward, even in the best of clothes. Here are 10 expert tips on how to dress to hide it and look fab and fit.
Updated: Aug 04, 2018 14:35:41
Dressing for your body shape is very important to look good. But if a bulging tummy or belly fat is turning out to be a problem, there are ways to dress that can help you hide it. Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist at Voonik and fashion designer Reynu Taandon list ways to hide your tummy fat:
* Wear dark colours or busy prints on your upper body. This will help you look slim and hide your tummy fat.
* Avoid wearing shiny and bright colours on your upper body.
* Avoid wearing too tight or too loose cloths on your upper body. Too tight cloths will highlight your tummy even more, and your body looks shapeless if you wear too loose cloths. So, try to wear medium-fit cloths.
* Go for mid-rise when it comes to jeans, pants, shalwars or skirts. Wear them around your navel. This will help in concealing the tummy.
Avoid wearing too tight or too loose cloths on your upper body. Try to wear medium-fit cloths. ( Shutterstock )
* If you are wearing tops, then body suits are the best option for you. This gives you a sleek look.
* Girls tend to buy clothes a size smaller thinking that it will make them look slimmer. On the contrary, this highlights your tummy and makes you feel uncomfortable. Therefore, the size of your body shaper should be one size larger.
* While buying undergarments, make sure you buy mid-rise panties. Avoid low or high-rise.
* Choose high slits while opting for kurtis. This helps in concealing the tummy.
* Layering is a good technique to conceal tummy fat. This divides your body into three parts and it helps in looking slimmer. For example, wear a contrast coloured jacket on your kurti. But the kurta should be of a different colour and the buttons should be kept open.
* With make-up as well as big earrings and neck pieces, you can attract the attention of others to your face and people won’t notice your tummy fat.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 04, 2018 14:34:14