Suriya’s NGK won’t be a Diwali release, will not clash with Vijay starrer Sarkar
Suriya’s NGK, directed by Selvaraghavan has been postponed, and the film will not clash at the box office with Sarkar.
Actor Suriya’s NGK, directed by Selvaraghavan, is one of the most anticipated movies of 2018. It also marks the comeback of Selvaraghavan after Irandaam Ulagam. It had been earlier announced that the film would release around Diwali. However, the makers have now said that NGK will not be completed by that time.
A statement released by Dream Warrior Pictures, who are bankrolling NGK, said: “NGK is our most prestigious project. We are humbled and overwhelmed by the support extended by all Suriya sir fans and Selvaraghavan sir fans from day one.”
It further added, “We assure you all... it is a great entertainer in the making. We are working hard to achieve the best and deliver the same to you at the earliest. This may take a little longer than expected... than projected, so we will be bringing it to you post Diwali. We will soon announce the updated release plan. We sincerely thank each and every one of you for the continued love and support.”
The buzz around NGK was high also because the makers of Sarkar, the Vijay-AR Murugadoss movie, had also announced that their film would be a Diwali release. Fans had expected that both films would clash at the box office.
Meanwhile, Sarkar is on course for a Diwali release and the makers have even been releasing working stills from the sets of the film. Sarkar also stars Keerthy Suresh in the lead role and Varalaxmi Sarathkumar in a pivotal role.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Aug 30, 2018 15:56:23